MOT your vehicle
We offer MOT testing for cars, light vans and commercial vehicles at our depot in Northallerton.
You will need to book in advance. Tests are carried out at our Finkills Way depot in Northallerton on Mondays-Fridays (excluding bank holidays) between the hours of 8am-4pm.
Book an MOT test now
To book an appointment, contact us using the details below.
Call: 01609 798166
An online booking system for MOTs will be available in the future – please watch this space. In the meantime, please use the above contact details to book an appointment.
We offer MOT tests from our highways depot, based at Finkills Way in Northallerton. If you are using Google Maps, search for ‘NY Highways Ltd, Finkills Way’. Please call into Reception to check in.
The address is:
NY Highways Depot
Please select below a frequently asked question:
What vehicles can you MOT?
We offer MOT tests in Northallerton for:
- Class 4 (Cars, passenger vehicles, motorhomes, private hire vehicles, motor tricycles, quadricycles and dual purpose vehicles with up to eight passenger seats)
- Class 5 (Vehicles with 13-16 passenger seats, and more than 16 passenger seats, such as private passenger vehicles, ambulances, and play buses)
- Class 7 (Goods vehicles over 3,000kg, up to 3,500kg design gross weight)
How much will an MOT with NY Highways cost?
The current cost of an MOT is:
- £54.85 for class 4 vehicles
- £59.55 for class 5 vehicles
- £58.60 for class 7 vehicles
These prices are correct as of September 2023 and are subject to change.
You can pay by credit/debit card.
If my vehicle fails its MOT, can you service or repair it?
Please note that we can’t service or repair your vehicle. If the vehicle fails the MOT test, you will need to make arrangements to get it fixed.
For information on retest use this link: https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/retests